D. Gray Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D. Gray Man

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Male Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Character sheet
Name: Takeshi Kurotsuki
Level: 1

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 20:29

Has anyone played Fire Emblem? I enjoy this franchise a lot: I have the Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn (though my dad took my Radiant Dawn, probably because I was playing it too much. I think he destroyed it D: ).
Back to top Go down
http://ancientradiance.b1.jcink.com/index.php
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Female Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Character sheet
Name: Osozaki Hana
Level: 2

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 17:22

Sadly, I've only played one game that my friend let me borrow on a train. I enjoyed it a lot, though I haven't had the opportunity to raise enough money to buy it. I didn't even get past the first part of the game...T.T Do you have any of the Japanese releases?
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 18:36

Unfortunately not. D: However, they're remaking one of the old FE games for the DS. It has Marth!
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 18:46

Oh yeah. I've got to get that one at least. Aren't they remaking that because of Marth and Roy's popularity in the Smash Bros. game? (I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't know where those two are originally from.)
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeFri 08 Aug 2008, 06:56

That's probably part of the reason. To be honest, I never heard of Fire Emblem until Super Smash Bros. Melee featured Marth and Roy.

FE:DS has just been released in Japan. Here's a screenie, with Marth's stats.
Fire Emblem FEDS_Screen_01
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeFri 08 Aug 2008, 07:46

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the Japanese one. (It depends how long it takes for it to come out in the US.)

Well, I've only played one Fire Emblem, so I don't have many options, but which one is your favorite?
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeSun 10 Aug 2008, 03:54

I've only completed The Sacred Stones, and am in the process of going through Radiant Dawn. Radiant is sooooo hard! But I like it more than Sacred Stones, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Heihouka No Naichu
Finder
Heihouka No Naichu

Female Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Character sheet
Name: Crystal Steel

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 01:28

I want to get that game again! (FE fanatic)

I had the really rare older one for the GBA, but it was sold because I beat it. T_T

And now I'm looking for it again, but I can't find it ANYWHERE! >_< Grrrrr!

But I never knew they had one for DS! I shouls get it! ^_^
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 19:16

^Well, that certainly is enough to intrigue me. I'm going to try and raise enough money to buy one of the games now. (That way I won't have to depend on my friend to play it.)
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 21:03

FE: DS is only out in Japan right now. I don't think there are any news regarding a out-of-country release, yet. Though Fire Emblem is definitely catching on here in the U.S.

Just completed Radiant Dawn with the help of a friend. Yay!

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/832/832368/fire-emblem-radiant-dawn--20071102020851742.jpg

Link is a (low resolution) screenshot of Radiant Dawn (Wii exclusive). I didn't use the image code because it would stretch the screen to the sides and bee all messy.
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 02:35

^I have to ask something about this game. You said it was really hard, so what aspect of it makes it difficult? (I always enjoy a challenge, so if I'm able to buy a Fire Emblem game, I don't want to go through quickly.)
Back to top Go down
Heihouka No Naichu
Finder
Heihouka No Naichu

Female Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Character sheet
Name: Crystal Steel

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 18:27

There's actually a game that's like FE, but it's MUCH more difficult (in my opinion anyways. TT_TT ).

It's called Rondo of Swords.
Back to top Go down
Aoi_Mitsukai
Finder
Aoi_Mitsukai

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Character sheet
Name: Alimah Raneem

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug 2008, 00:59

I love the Fire Emblem series. The first ever one I played was the one with Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood. I'm currently playing Sacred Stones. And I have Path of Radiance on Gamecube. I'm on the last level.
I think it's the only strategy game I play. Atleast it's the only one I can remember right now.
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug 2008, 00:29

DGMyaoiFAN wrote:
^I have to ask something about this game. You said it was really hard, so what aspect of it makes it difficult? (I always enjoy a challenge, so if I'm able to buy a Fire Emblem game, I don't want to go through quickly.)

Fire Emblem is unique in a way: it has permadeath. This means that if one of your characters dies, he or she is dead for the rest of the game. Because of this, it has been practically an unspoken goal of all gamers to fight through each map without getting one of their characters killed, even if he or she is a poor fighter. This is also because, after the story is over, the game relates to the player what happens to characters after the fighting is said and done.

The fighting system in Radiant Dawn is somewhat different from the previous incarnations of FE, since it has revamped the magic system (but the weapons triangle remains the same). In the old FEs, the magic triangle was Light beats Dark, Dark beats Anima, and Anima beats Light. In Radiant Dawn, Anima becomes broken down into another triangle, Fire beats Wind, Wind beats Lightning, and Lightning beats Fire. It's not a big deal once a player gets used to it, but it changes the way mages are used (as each anima element has its own advantages, such as hit, damage, and crit%).

The laguz, people who can transform into creatures in order to fight, have been beefed up in this game (in comparison to Path of Radiance), so they are more dangerous than before (though they still remain vulnerable to certain magics). They are generally really strong at close range, have no capacity to fight ranged opponents, and have an energy gauge instead of weapon usage counters in which if the gauge drops to 0, the laguz would revert to their humanoid form (which is much weaker in combat).

Some maps, you have a very small number of units (and allies that you cannot control directly) and face insane odds like (somewhat randomly generated number) 1-to-10 ratio. On top of that, enemy reinforcements could come in at a point you would not prefer and attack the weaker combat units that you would typically keep off the battlefront (like priests: practically no combative value, but have much desired healing abilities).

Complicating the game even more are the skills: some help your characters in combat, others hinder your opponent, and the rest are support/map specific. You, as well as your opponents, have access to most of these skills. Not to mention the fact that some of the characters you've raised will temporarily become your enemy on the battlefield (though dropping their hp to 0 does not prevent them from being used when you regain control of them).

Also, each class has their own stats. Pegasus knights typically have poor defense but great speed, mages have high magic power but slow movement, etc. The classes don't branch off in promotion trees like some other games, but there is an ultimate class for most of the characters. If you get a character to this class, he or she would be practically become a one-man-army. I got Shinon, who started out as a Sniper (a promoted archer), to the ultimate class called Marksman, and it no longer mattered if he was going to be attacked in close-combat (even though he cannot counter attack at that range). He dodges almost everything, and when they do hit him, Shinon takes almost no damage. Ultimate classes also have their own special skills, which are really powerful. Ike, in this game, can pretty much destroy anyone when he uses Aether. I'm not sure about Path of Radiance, but Ike's Aether in Radiant Dawn can regenerate Ike's health depending on the damage done, then attacks again, ignoring the armor values of the opponent (and trust me: attacks that ignore armor are probably the deadliest, besides an assassin's Lethality skill, which is basically an instant kill).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fire Emblem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem   Fire Emblem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D. Gray Man :: Free Zone :: Hobbies and Fun-
Jump to: